Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nourish

At war with myself,
My psyche a fragile prisoner,
Of something that is outside the realm of what I’ve known,
No understanding,
For in this world,
What is truly to be understood?
Lies and deceit,
Conceit and ego,
Like a humid august afternoon,
Slap.

Yet,
I have no more room to delay,
As my life,
Is only lived once,
And I must grab it,
And let go,
Shoot for the moon,
Not one shot,
But many.

In a self imposed cell,
I reminisce about days gone by,
When alcohol and cigarettes,
Where friends,
But no more,
As I abandon all hope,
That self medication works.

Now,
I and I must champion I,
Liberate myself, alleviate my fears;
Hold fast to character and integrity,
Lose the parts of me,
That need not be found,
So I can nourish,
Gently,
This talent,
No longer hiding,
So all the world can see.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.