Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lunch with ALM

My mind had become numb,
Undone by years of an active brain,
That would stretch far and wide,
Considering the iniquity of the world,
And the Devilish nature of humanity,
Its ability to destroy more easily than to create,
Its unstated but practiced desire to ensure the rights of one over another,
By force, if necessary,
My empathy taking hold of my shattered soul,
And punishing me in ways that I never thought possible,
Tirelessly investigating everything that had gone wrong with the world,
I completely lost sight of what was right,
And then in a brilliant flash,
My mind escaped me,
In order to protect me from myself,
It refused to allow me to eat myself from the inside out,
It begged me to forgive myself,
To forgive those around me,
Forgive the world its faults,
And if I did not,
It would punish me,
By ceasing to be the great gift it had always been,
Vanishing into measured insanity,
Taking a snap shot and a full accounting of I,
A picture perfect photo of what to do as vivid as a Klimt’s Kiss,
I closed my eyes,
And the world vanished,
Leaving only I,
To rebuild from a nostalgia of five senses,
None more powerful than the aroma that sent my mind into a less than subtle tango,
Graceful and pronounced,
Proud and free,
Powerful in stride,
Returning to self,
Refusing to hide,
Accepting what is, was and will be,
Instantly.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.