Monday, April 5, 2010

Blessed to Know Love Requited

I have been blessed to know a love true,
That has seen me constantly struggle,
And without equivocation,
Has stood by me,
When all seemed lost,
Forcing me to acknowledge,
All that I have to offer,
Even when I am too blind, stubborn or stupid to see.

I can close my eyes,
And transcend space and time,
Though distance separates us,
Our souls are mingling through the ages,
And constantly brought back,
To each other.

My sweetest love,
For whom I continue to endure,
For whom I keep going,
For whom I have always known,
A love that I was born to give and receive.

She stands by me,
Day and night,
Watching as I continue,
A work in progress,
A love that pulls understanding,
Where there is none,
And beckons me to greatness,
And I her.

I know a love true,
That bears witness,
And holds in the highest esteem,
Charity, hope, love and faith,
Her virtue uncompromising,
And her truest beauty,
Far beyond,
In her souls fire.

I know a love true,
And for her,
I submit,
A love requited,
Together forever,
And beyond,
And her name,
The sweetest I have ever known,
Charmaine!
And I love her so...

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.