Monday, April 5, 2010

Landslide

Caught in a landslide,
To determine my fate,
I start to unwind,
And accept that what must be must be,
Learning more each day,
I plot a destiny,
That includes more joy than sorrow,
More laughter than tears,
Recognizing that the universe laughs,
At best laid plans,
Yet still I press on,
Marching to the beat of my depressions drum,
Longing for that sweet innocence,
That escaped me in my youth,
Holding on to that bargain for self,
Just long enough to expose,
A diamond from coal,
Or a river a glacier,
This process,
In which I seek to demonstrate my own self worth,
Again,
Is a searing pain,
That will return,
I to I,
Filled with love, life, and surrender,
The more I give in,
The more the universe rewards me,
For being,
Me.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.