Monday, April 5, 2010

My Humble Thanks!

Finally,
Coming into my own,
And all I had to do – was give in,
Which is not nearly the same as giving up,
By giving in I have discovered,
That the parts of me that are broken,
Are merely callings to reassemble?
The jigsaw of my reality,
Giving in,
I found,
Who my real friends are,
The ones that stand by me,
When I am down,
Feeding me with endless nourishment,
Of wisdom, enthusiasm, a gentle caress,
Of two spirits,
That dance like a kite,
Free to fly,
To explore,
Roaming together in the uncertainty,
And arriving,
At what was always there,
Just deep inside,
Finally,
Letting go,
Surrendering,
I have discovered,
That the parts of I,
That for so long had been counted as demons unconquerable,
Were merely signposts on the journey of life?
That at one time either too blind or too ignorant,
I could not or would not,
Engage,
Well today I stand up,
I will be heard,
I will be counted,
I will celebrate the totality of who I am,
And in so doing,
Gain insight into what it means to truly live,
And my friends,
My real friends,
Stand by my side,
At the ready,
To, if necessary, again,
Pick me up,
Deliver me the tools for my own reassembling,
And I am humbled by it,
For as tears of joy,
Stream down my face,
Calling out to the ether,
I know, that I am close,
And that I can feel,
These emotions raw,
But must use them,
To propel me forward,
To the place we all know I should be,
Humbled,
Grateful,
And aware,
I celebrate each of you,
Who know who you are,
For causing me to realize,
That my journey had to include this moment,
To reignite that passion that burns so brightly inside of me,
My only hope,
Is that I too,
Can repay your generosity of spirit,
By being who I am,
And returning to you,
The same generosity,
When you are at your lowest –

I stand before you anew,
Understanding how far I’ve come,
And how far I still must go,
But I draw strength from you,
Demonstrated here,
With humble thanks,
These words are all I can give,
For all of you have given me permission,
To soar.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.