Sunday, April 4, 2010

For GM - With Thanks

Deep in sleepy thoughts of a life I’ve left behind,
Realizing that running from myself,
Only thrust me further into a pit,
The bowels of hell where Cerberus prevented my escape,
From which I could not emerge without all of you,
Those who take the time,
To celebrate life,
And help return me to I,
Regrets mount,
And reveal so much more than I thought possible,
Clearly illustrating that the way to I,
Is by embracing me,
Long a dreamer,
Longer afraid to allow those dreams to unfold,
Again running away from,
Rather than to,
But now,
As I sit here contemplative,
I know that all will shine brighter than the sun,
Unleashing a torment that is passion filled,
So long as I take the time,
To fully engage,
In my dreams,
with the conviction and strength I draw,
from you!

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.