Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As Destiny Intended

Like Frost,
The road less travelled,
Did I take,
But I fear,
I took the wrong road,
Following a trail to my own discontent,
Running away from myself,
Trying to be everything for everybody,
The result;
Nothing for me.

No more can I follow,
The path I’ve walked,
Ignoring a talent so raw,
That in its refinement,
I will find comfort,
A peaceful warrior poet,
Emerging daily,
Five words at a time.

My grief,
Sheer and antagonizing,
Holding me in the despair,
As I consider what I lost,
In the time I’ve wasted.

As I heal,
I know that I can,
I know that I will,
I know that you will,
Soar with me,
As I finally take flight,
As destiny intended.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.