Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wordplay April 3 (from a Western Soul Searching)

Here I stand,
Before you,
Naked as the day I was born,
Revealing to you,
That which you yourself are not willing to explore,
Or so it seems, with most,
Liberated by the eddy that confronts my soul,
Though juxtaposed against a violent swell of deepening sadness,
Of my own design and course,
corrected in eclectic moments, glimpses of sanity,
With five words delivered by true friends far and wide,
Bursting from the page,
My descent to and from madness,
That has released the handcuffs,
I myself had put on my wrists,
Fearing that I was nothing,
No good,
Not able to convince the world around me that this really is what I am meant to be,
No tricks,
No illusions,
Smoke and mirrors of the past,
Giving way to raw emotions that are no longer tempered by ill conceived rationalilzations or my intellect,
Naked,
I stand on the firing line,
Of my own awareness,
Of what I am meant to be,
Can you say the same,
Or does the comfort you know,
Blind you to the opportunity of self,
Unsheathed,
Wielded more powerfully than the Atomic bomb,
In an instant,
You can know,
A design of divine intent,
If only you could see the signs,
That truly are,
Right before your eyes.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.