Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wordplay 2 April 1

Mounting my life like a horse,
I channel the spirit of cowboys past,
Yearning for one solid canter,
Away from this mental anguish,
Anxiety and angst filling my soul,
As I try to reclaim the wild stallion,
That exists just beyond my reach,
Riding through the foothills of my own consciousness,
I sense the growing mountains that stand before me,
Knowing that I must climb,
In order to find that spirit laid dormant,
In the moments that I most needed,
Crossing the range to the next challenge,
I find solace in my own attempt,
To step through the gates of my own identity,
Tearing down the barriers,
That stand between I and I,
When in the distance I see,
The last fence that I must jump,
To again reclaim my body, spirit and mind.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.