Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wordplay 1 April 1

For so long my wagon hitched to a star,
Crossing the universe at the speed of light,
Able to seal of those sounds of silence,
That ring in my ears ruefully,
Holding me in place,
Yet the sky moving around me,
Stuck.

As I try to repatriate,
My own constitution,
I shudder at the thoughts of me,
Continuing to haunt my mind,
Pulling in multiple directions,
All at once,
And not at all sure which way to turn.

The berries of juniper,
My ceaseless emotions,
Fueling my veins,
Like a dry gin martini,
Drunk by my endless thoughts,
Sobering to the reality,
That I need to chart my course,
By something other than Orion’s Belt.

Unlike the motorways,
Leading from countless big cities,
To the relative safety of the burbs,
My mental motorways,
Lead my down equal paths of dark and light,
As I continue to thrive and strive,
To fight another day.

Feeling like a hedgehog,
Small and with little defense,
Than a spine so small,
That it shrinks into itself,
With the heart of a lion,
I live to fight,
I will fight,
I AM FIGHT,
And tomorrow is another day

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.