Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wordplay 3 April 1

Where am I?
Where did I go?
Where am I going?
Where is happiness? Sadness?
Where is that switch that I can throw?
Where are the open arms to greet you when you most need them?
Where is the end to all this madness?

When am I going to grow up?
When am I going to be comfortable in my own skin?
When am I going to understand that I can’t change others?
When am I going to learn that they can’t change me?
When am I going to accept what I was put on earth to do?
When will someone else see?

Why was I born this way?
Why does there need to be so much suffering?
Why can’t I close my eyes and dream like others?
Why can’t I live my dreams awake?
Why can’t I find the answer to the question I also can’t find?
Why did it all hit me at once?
Why do I have to grow up instead of old?

What is the meaning of it all?
What is it that I did wrong?
What is it that leaves me feeling this way?
What is it that I just can’t grasp about that which I can’t explain?
What is out there?
What is the question?

How am I going to open my eyes?
How can I engage my soul?
How can I engage yours?
How can I become that which I have always known?
How can I find peace when all around me is violent?
How can this be?
How do you know that tomorrow will be better?
How do you find freedom?
How?

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.