Monday, March 29, 2010

Wordplay 2 March 29

Inside a fire burns,
Embers sparking a new respect,
For all the words I’ve known and shared,
Each little poem, essay or story,
A piece of myself,
Like a grain of sand on an ever growing beach,
Or a tiny stone on a country gravel road,
That defies description.

Perhaps in knowing this past,
My current state is stained,
By a horrible feeling,
That I have somehow met a plateau,
From which I cannot escape,
No matter how hard I try,
Leaving me in a sinking state,
That defies description.

My mind,
Tattered and torn,
Revealing little to me now,
As I struggle to lift myself,
Out of the pits of despair,
Anxiety and angst,
Constantly growing,
And every once and a while,
A stunning retreat,
For a moment of clarity,
On this winding road of life,
That defies description.

Returning to my past words,
Again I fall into,
The conduit generator,
Of five words or more,
To deliver me a mechanism.
That allows me to purge these feelings deep,
An act of sedition against myself,
That defies description.

Championing the ability to move,
Even if for only a moment,
Or to go outside,
To wake up,
To once again rejoin the world,
Triumphant,
Ignoring rejection,
And pressing on,
Searching for the flagstones,
To lay a foundation of me,
To explore,
That I might find something that can be described.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.