Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wordplay 2 March 30

Considering space and time,
In this period of renewal,
As light hits me from so long ago,
The suns rays travelling their course,
To greet me with a warmth that has been missing for so long,
I retreat into the safety of its glow,
Looking for the first spring blossoms,
As the flowers get ready for their first peek,
Off in the distance,
Like Gump’s flower,
I see the white fragments like soft fallen snow,
Fluttering through the air,
And reminding of me of a bygone time,
Yellow daffodils seemingly only minutes away,
Though I know I must be patient,
With them and myself,
And soon they will arrive,
Trumpeted by the crocuses,
And framed by the children,
Running free,
Filled with laughter,
Their joy palpable,
And so I return,
For a moment,
To a better time and place.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.