Monday, March 29, 2010

Wordplay 1 March 29

Within me lay a towering force,
That presently I am unable to control,
Not quite able to put my finger on it,
I contemplate the past, present and future,
Searching for some answer,
That might free me from this terrible spot.

The photographs of my mind,
Dimly lit and shadowed,
Faces not exactly clear,
As I attempt to flee,
From this current state,
Rambunctious as I try,
To no avail.

How do I long to return,
To some understandable sense of myself,
No longer slave to uncontrollable emotions,
And the unrelenting tears that follow,
Pleading with myself,
To reveal that spirit true,
Wandering and wondering,
When again will I know,
The shine within,
Effervescent for all the world to see,
Plain as day.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.