Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wordplay 2

The telephone rings,
Incessantly,
And a creeping suspicion crawls into my thoughts,
Slowly like a caterpillar looking for a leaf,
Or perhaps like Alices’ friend beckoning a reckoning;
“Who are you?”

In an attempt to answer,
I stand by the window,
Looking out grimly,
Onto the cars as they pass by,
Knowing that the epic struggle,
Between two parts of me,
Will one day,
Come to a resolution,
That now evades.

Sitting silent and restless,
I purge my soul,
Through these simple words,
Looking for answers,
From somewhere in my strike zone,
Rounding the bases of my thoughts,
In this cosmic baseball game,
that sees me in the bottom of the third,
or so I hope.

Soaring through cosmos,
I reflect on these trying times,
With an open heart,
And a tortured soul,
Knowing that brown,
Is the new black,
And I,
Am the old new me.,
Shedding my cocoon,
A butterfly I will be.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.