Friday, March 26, 2010

I’m High…

I’m high…
Like I could never imagine,
Blazing trails through my own consciousness,
Trying to find some enlightenment,
While fleeting memories of a me that is no longer there,
Fades into a quiet corner,
Where my screams are deafening,
Yet you can’t hear them.

I’m high…
As a bird in flight,
Free from the clutter of collusion,
Lies and deceit,
Tearing at my dreams,
As I take hold of something that was lost for so long,
Myself.

I’m high…
On a drug that every dealer,
On every corner,
Would kill to have,
LIFE.

I’m high…
As I try to penetrate my own fortress,
Breaking down the barriers,
Those have been put up in defense of me,
That no longer serve my destiny,
Thus revealing a world that for so long,
Has seemed alien to me,
As I grapple with a sense of self,
Diminished,
By continuous rejection,
And the sounds of silence.

I’m high…
Trying to reveal myself to me,
Nosce Te Ipsum,
My own Oracle at Delphi,
Softly whispering,
That all will be ok,
And that true freedom is right around the corner,
And that all I need do is accept my fate,
As designed,
By me…

I’m high… high I am,
Writing through this pain that cuts like a trench,
Through the landscape of a life of pain,
Constantly working toward something,
Though not knowing what it is,
And then,
As if the universe rewards my confusion,
Others arrive,
To let me know,
That I can be free,
I can be high,
I can be me,
And all I have to do,
Is let go,
Have faith,
And soar,
As I am meant to…

I’m high…
As the fragments of me,
That so coldly beat me into oblivion,
Are reassembling,
At the waypoint,
Of my own desire,
To become,
To be,
To thrive,
On what is right,
ME.

SDM

TPECSHFZA6HG

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.