Friday, March 26, 2010

Wordplay 1 March 26

If I wasn’t so scared, at the moment,
I would choose to fly far away from here,
To a place where in harmony Mother Earth,
Presents her case each day,
To the willing masses,
Those seek redemption,
From her grace.

If I wasn’t scared,
I would jump the first airplane to anywhere,
Far from here,
Not just to get away,
But instead to seek what seems missing,
That piece of myself,
That no longer wants to hide in the shadows.

If I wasn’t scared,
I would allow myself the safety of a laugh,
Shared with the universe,
As God does not play dice,
And laughs at our plans.

If I wasn’t so scared,
I would climb a tree as high as I could,
So that I could touch the sky like a bird,
And be closer to the truth,
Reaching for the stars,
And escaping the black hole of my own despair.

If I wasn’t so scared,
I would refuse to allow my fears, redundant,
To hold me in a place that is less than where I long to be,
I would jump,
Head first,
Into the awaiting reality,
That has beckoned me from birth,
Like a processional hymn beckons a priest,
To deliver insight,
Into that which seems so dark,
And compels us to the light.

If I wasn’t so scared, I might,
Just might,
Be able to move beyond my current state,
To discover,
All of me,
As I have been meant to be,
Since birth…

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.