Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Words

Sometimes and without warning I’ll look to my left or my right and without provocation you just might hear me say; “Hey can you give me a word or two?”
Most of the time the unwitting wordsmith will without hesitation and give me a few and somehow my pen begins to weave its way across the page utilizing the words that I’ve been given.
Some people when I turn to them seem to be hearing my words but act as if they are some foreign language, like they don’t understand, so, without the benefit of their words I turn to the next supporter, enabler if you will, for these words which tell a tale.
Words, in any language, are a very powerful tool, they can motivate, debilitate, frustrate, initiate and move.
They can cause very quickly, or at the very least inspire; Love, Anger, Fear or UNDERSTANDING.
That’s why, in a darkened room, or on a sunny street I may turn to you, out of nowhere and ask;
“Hey could you give me a word or two?”

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.