Friday, November 9, 2007

Future Concession

I find it troubling that as I write these words
I am curious as to how I might receive them many years from now –
Am I just an ideological kid dreaming of the way the world should be
rather than living the way it is –
This thought worries me;
systems like mind sets come and go –
Is it time for the 2nd fall of Rome;
I am not some nay sayer
nor am I particularly a hawk,
I do not long for war,
nor am I so foolish as to think that in the way this world currently is
sometimes military force is justified,
but in this case,
at this time,
why kill hundreds,
thousands,
tens of thousands or Iraqi’s and Americans
when all the world really needs from Iraq is Saddam's head
and I’m sure most Iraqi’s would be happy to give it;
so Why not give diplomacy a chance
without a gun to innocent Iraqi’s heads
yet a fully loaded one on Saddam's?

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.