Thursday, November 8, 2007

Innocence Revealed

I saw wisdom unadulterated today,
in the eyes of a child who couldn’t speak words to me but made me feel volumes,
as many as Churchill wrote and then some.
The child looked right at me,
for a minute or longer and seemed to understand what I was thinking
and with a reaching hand,
smile and eyes wide open told me that everything would be okay.
Better than okay as long as I stayed the course,
learning,
growing,
becoming, being.

So much warmth in that child’s eyes –
so much to say –
Yet very few ways to convey it,
except that the eyes are the window to the soul
and this child’s soul was wisdom –
Pure innocence!

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.