Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Duped

I’m distracted today, my mind running in two different directions –
very different in fact,
polar opposites,
so incredible as I struggle with the inner turmoil
attached to the stumbling almost stuttering display of love,
as so clearly I do,
she stands before me,
witty,
intelligent,
chalk full of wisdom,
loving and beautiful,
oh so beautiful
as to have your incredible beauty betrayed
by a lack of appropriate words to describe your inherently and wonderful;
elegance and grace –
You see –

Stuttering and stumbling.
So of course,
I have this cherubic appeal running through my mind –
Conversely:

Shatter!

My mind intrigued is adversely affected by what is currently happening –

Lies, everywhere!
Blatant lies,
full of the spirit of capitalism,
the true spirit;
Create the consumer,
determine the worth,
fight for the market share,
Ah the beauty of choice.

I remember 12 years ago this month,
sitting in a restaurant writing about the same fate I write of now,
an impending war; and for what,
so that Jed Clampett and his like can have a new home in Beverly Hills.
And the majority in sitting back and doing nothing to prevent a war
so obviously about the new imperialism –
the economics of Sport Utility Vehicles and presidential palaces
show just how hill billy we all really are;

Duped!
Don’t forget that the White House is a Presidential Palace as well!

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.