Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Prayer tonight...

Closing my eyes I feel history rush past me in a way it never has before,
the last century of progress and advance at the untold cost of millions of lives.
The quiet truth that seems to elude the lips of the men and women
chosen by popular opinion to lead us into the future.
Revolutions,
many of different style and cause,
leading to the establishment of new worlds –
2 world wars,
several communist revolutions,
hot wars of containment to perpetuate the cold war of superpowers –
Puppets to the masters whose strings are nuclear arsenals so I wonder now –
In this war,
whose finger is one the button.
As people die these words leave this pen
my sadness is that history has not been our teacher
and thus our future is nothing but a story already told
with different characters and numbers that seems eerily familiar.
Peace on earth my prayers this night.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.