Friday, November 30, 2007

Love's Lessons

Many years from today, with perhaps a son, a daughter, or several of both,
I’ll look back at these words hoping.
Hoping that your future is bright, filled with the same promise that mine is.
With your mother, Charmaine, by my side, we’ll explore what it was like for us growing up.
I must also apologize, for I destroyed much of what I wrote between 13 and 20.
I’m sorry, it was rash and foolish decision which I will not repeat.
On this page, I do want you to know –
You can be ANYTHING you want to be.
Embrace the fire inside of you.
Understand your passions and use them as fuel to guide and direct you on your path.
Call us ANYTIME,
wake us up in the middle of the night,
we will ALWAYS be here for you.
Sometimes you’ll resent us for it,
sometimes you may even think you hate us –
Believe me, you don’t!
Our love for you is forged in the love that we share which is absolutely special.
Go to SCHOOL –
make MISTAKES –
Later, you’ll call them EXPERIENCE.

Know this;
The future is YOURS
and we wish you all the joy, happiness and success you so richly deserve.
I love you
I love Char (Mom)
We love you so much,
Always.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.