Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My books... Nowhere to hide

When the voices subside,
And the only sound,
Is the restless syncopated rhythm,
Of breathing is distress,
Duress,
Struggling to reconcile,
The world as it is,
In contrast with the world as I’d like it to be,
When all around,
The only sound,
Is my mind racing like an Indy car,
At full throttle,
Translated by my hand,
Launching across the page,
Ink drying,
While I fight crying,
For all that I can feel,
Pushing me,
Pulling me,
When the voices subside,
And I’ve nowhere to hide,
Except here,
In these books.

SDM

BTW I am blogging about my new career at http://newbieintheweeds.blogspot.com Hope you all will enjoy.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.