Wednesday, October 10, 2007

31

Who are you,
And where did you come from,
Never mind,
I’m grateful that you are here,
So then,
What are you thinking right now?
Don’t put up the road block;
Answer the questions you don’t want to ask,
None of us do,
How did we come to know each other?
Surprise,
How does it feel?
Does it have a taste;
A specific colour,
Perhaps a sound,
What is it that you see,
How does it feel to know love,
Not just understand it, but truly
KNOW…
The way your skin feels,
The smell of your hair,
Incredible tasting lips,
The sweet resonance of your voice,
The way your smile at 6 am with no sleep can still,
As the bard might say,
Ascend the brightest heaven of invention,
My love,
My one true love,
So very clear to me,
To you,
To all that see us,
Your greatest and lasting gift to me is my sober smile,
Genuine and true,
Inspired by you.
I was born to love you,
You and only you,
I have always loved you,
Knowing all the greatness there is in you,
I see it,
You,
My 31.

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.