Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sum

Cogito ergo sum –
Perhaps for some its this and nothing more
but where’s the validation of such thought?
Is it alone enough
or does that thought require that additional step –
the expression of that thought?
I write,
therefore I am
and I express all that I feel,
but then I’m left to beg the question
is all that I feel real?
Or do I record it merely to record?
Oh so many questions that Cogito ergo sum could not afford –
ME!
Thoughts are merely constructs that afford us internal dialogue
yet the external manifestation is where our thoughts become more tangible.
So is it merely enough to think?

Would the same be true for Monkeys or Dolphins?
Or do they lack self –

Could they not be aware of their existence?

Thought –
Fantastic, enough for Descartes, his validation –
writing is mine!

SDM

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.