Saturday, July 7, 2007

May I?

May I, will you allow, these words,
To enter your mind in one simple action,
Directing your though away form the negative,
To embrace the incredibly positive,
May I?
May I love you as Astaires Body loved Music?
Picasso’s hand loved art? Shakespeare’s words and Galileo the sky?
May I,
Will you see that this love reaches into the depths of the soul,
Opening the window on an emotion,
This time, our time, unconditional;
May I love you as a baker bread, a teacher teaching, a doctor healing and assuredly a writer writing?
May I entreat you love lover,
To read these words,
Trying to express what God so often has shown us is right,
This night,
Despite the ominous tone in the air,
May I love you,
Fully.

SDM

Context - Written the night that Shock and Awe began

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.